Stainless Steel Table #2001-1667
Stainless steel preparation table on four legs; with two shelves and splashback.
This stainless steel table was used in the kitchens at the Provisional Parliament House. The dining and kitchen facilities were an important aspect of the building, as it was designed to be fully self-contained. The facilities and equipment were responsible for providing meals and refreshments to the Members’ Dining Room, private dining rooms, offices (on request), and, after 1949, to the dining room built for staff and the press. As well as day to day meals, the kitchen staff were also called upon to cater for large functions associated with special occasions such as royal or overseas visits and important events, including the 1954 State Banquet for Queen Elizabeth II.