Library Easy Chair #2001-2230Parliamentary Library, North Wing, Main Floor
Blackwood library easy chair with a high padded back, arms and sprung seat cushion, upholstered in blue leather; the arms with moulded pilasters with square cresting, and panelled sides on a block platform base.
This easy chair was initially located in the Parliamentary Library where it was used in the Provisional Parliament House between 1927 and 1988. It was designed in 1926 by the Architects Department of the Federal Capital Commission, led by principal architect John Smith Murdoch, specifically for Provisional Parliament House. The official colour of the library was blue and this easy chair was consequently constructed using blue leather.